Are you a senior living in Dallas or elsewhere in Texas looking to pad your finances during retirement? With a reverse mortgage, you can tap into your home equity, converting it into cash.
But you probably have many questions about reverse mortgages and how they work. You might also not be sure what type of reverse mortgage you need.
The best way to get answers to your questions and to identify the product that is right for you is to choose a quality reverse mortgage lender to work with in Dallas. Below are some tips to help you pick the right company.
Guide For Choosing a Reverse Mortgage Lender
- Choose a lender with extensive experience working with local borrowers. You can choose a company that works with borrowers across the country on reverse mortgages. But you should make sure that the Dallas branch is managed by an expert with a great deal of experience on a local level. Mike Harrell at Thinkingreverse LLC is licensed to originate in Texas, and has helped numerous senior homeowners in Dallas and throughout the state to achieve their financial goals in retirement. Moreover, he taught real estate agents as an instructor with the Texas Real Estate Commission for five years.
- Work with a lender who knows reverse mortgages inside and out. Speaking of education, as a borrower, you may have a sea of questions about reverse mortgages in Texas. Mike has worked on nothing but reverse mortgages for more than a decade now, and has encountered just about every situation possible. He is an expert at working through obstacles, and at providing homeowners with detailed answers to their questions along with personalized advice. Once you fully understand how reverse mortgages work and what you can expect, you will be able to confidently move forward with your application.
- Pick a company that can originate a variety of reverse mortgages. Did you know that there are a number of different types of reverse mortgage products? For example, you can apply for an HECM reverse mortgage, an HECM for purchase, or a Jumbo Reverse EquityPower loan. Not every mortgage company in TX is able to originate all of these types of loans for borrowers. So, by choosing one that can, you give yourself the largest selection of options and opportunities.
- The right reverse mortgage company will guide you through the process step-by-step. Going into the reverse mortgage process, it may seem complicated. But it can be simple, smooth, and straightforward with a dedicated lender guiding you through the process one step at a time.
- Choose a lender that is clear, communicative, patient, and dedicated. Just as you will have many questions when you start the process of applying for a reverse mortgage, you will also have additional questions along the way. There may also be times when you need to provide documentation or perform another action to move the process forward. It is important to work with a mortgage lender that will quickly contact you when the need arises so that you can take the necessary steps to keep pushing forward. You also want someone who will respond immediately when you call or text with a question. Mike Harrell makes sure that you are in the loop as you move through the reverse mortgage process. Whenever you have a question, you can expect fast, thorough answers.
Apply for a Reverse Mortgage in Dallas
Now With Thinkingreverse
Are you ready to work with Mike Harrell at Thinkingreverse LLC? Mike will ensure that the entire process is easy, transparent, and enjoyable from start to finish, and that you find the reverse mortgage product that will best fit your needs. To schedule your consultation now, please call (214) 269-3593. Let’s get you the financing you need to get the most from your retirement years in Dallas.